Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

UFC 121 Brock vs Cain - Predictions:



UFC 121. I'm not gonna even pretend to lie here, Dana and Joe did a great job. From the prelims to the Main Event this card is full of excitement. I have some issues with the future of some of the fighters on this card though. One of them being JAKE SHIELDS!!!! Who are you again??? Oh yeah you beat Hendo, Okami, Pyle, Condit, and Lawler. BIG DEAL!!! The talks of Shields getting to fight GSP after he beats Koscheck is ridiculous to me. Someone like Carlos Condit who KO'd Dan Hardy would be a much better candidate for the position. This guy was the Strikeforce Middleweight champ. So what. I think Jake Shields is the biggest douche ever. To win a fight against a legend I will man up and say great job. But for you and your boys to jump Mayhem Miller on live television is the whackest shit I have ever seen. I guess as a true MMA fan I can seriously say I can sit back right now and wait to see Jake fight Kampmann tomorrow night and go from there. From watching Kampmanns fights I will have to give this one to Shields by Decision. ( As much as it kills me to say)

On a better note, Brock vs Cain.....WOW!! Incredible fight about to happen. I see a lot of possible outcomes for this fight. After seeing Brock submit Shane Carwin the way he did was outstanding. Coming back from almost being TKO'd like that shows he has heart and will be here for awhile. But what happens when he steps in the cage with Velasquez? Heavy Hands and an Iron Chin. Can Brock defeat him with his hands? I personally think Brock will have to take Cain down to the ground if he wants this win. But even than, once Brock spears Cain to the ground with the big double leg take down, can he get the win? Cain is a wrestler as well, there is the HUGE possibility that Cain stuffs the take down and keeps it on the feet to bang with him. Standing with Cain will be a bad idea for Lesnar. I see one possibility of Brock winning this fight and its on the ground and by TKO. He has to use his weight and hold Cain down and drop those hammer fists right into his jaw. Mentally I think both of these guys want this equally and this fight will not disappoint. Outcome, Brock by TKO.

I'm gonna keep it short and sweet for the next few. Tito vs Hammil. Tito, come on guys Hamill has skills and as much as we all HATE Tito Ortiz, we know hes gonna win. The win may not be impressive but he will pull it out. If he doesn't, Dana needs to fire him. Conversation over. Tito wins by Decision.

Gonzaga vs Schuab. Schuab by KO. I know it sounds like alot but he has impressed me since The Ultimate Fighter. Yes Gonzaga KO's Cro Cop with his signature move. I agree that is very bad ass but i have Schaub winning this fight. So, Schaub by KO.

Paulo Thiago vs Diego “ YES MAN” Sanchez. Diego was dominated by John Hathaway, and after seeing Hathaway dominate at UFC 120, it really makes me think Diego is on his way out. Paulo on the other hand is on his way up. I'm giving this fight to Paulo by Submission.


Here is my official predicition list below:

Brock Lesnar (264) vs Cain Velasquez (244) Brock wins by TKO
Martin Kampmann (170) vs Jake Shields (170.5) Jake Shields wins by Dec.
Matt Hamill (203.5) vs Tito Ortiz (206) Tito wins by Dec.
Gabriel Gonzaga (254) vs Brendan Schaub (239) Schaub wins by KO
Paulo Thiago (170.5) vs Diego Sanchez (170.5)Paulo wins by Sub
Ryan Jensen (185) vs Court McGee (184.5) Court wins by TKO
Tom Lawlor (185) vs Patrick Cote (185) Patrick Cote by Dec.
Daniel Roberts (170) vs Mike Guymon (170) Daniel Roberts TKO
Paul Taylor (155) vs Sam Stout (155.5)Sam Stout Sub
Dongi Yang (186) vs Chris Camozzi (185) Yang by Dec.
Gilbert Yvel (249) vs Jon Madsen (254.5) Madsen by KO

 Article written by: Buck - Lets Bang'em MMA

2 comments:

  1. Good read! We will see how Jake Shields does tomorrow night, because Kampmannn WILL test him for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great read! And to be honest, I want to just see some great fights, it really looks like some great matchups!

    ReplyDelete