Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Jon Jones Not A Fan Of Thiago Silva

While watching the fight between Brandon Vera and Thiago Silva, Jones tweeted that he thought it was: "disrespectful," and added "i'd love to give him a slap in the face." He was referring to Thiago Silva slapping the crap out of Brandon Vera during the 3rd round at UFC 125. Silva destroyed Vera in their fight, but he also humiliated him in on live television by slapping him repeatedly while looking for openings as Vera balled up in submission.


Jones Cleared up what looked like an instant rivalry between himself and Silva during an interview with MMA Fighting. Jones stated in the interview that, "It kind of bugged me, only because we all fight, and just losing alone is humiliating enough," Jones said. "It's embarrassing. If someone ever did that to me, where they would beat me like that and then drum on my back, I would be humiliated. Just absolutely humiliated."

 "Think about all the people who watched those fights. All his fans, all the members at his school, all the kids that look up to him. Man, it just kind of rubbed me the wrong way. It's not something I would ever want done to me and it's not something I would ever do to someone else."

Jon Jones is scheduled to face off against Ryan Bader for a light heavyweight title shot at UFC 126. Jones says although he is "rubbed the wrong way" by the lack of respect Silva showed, he is still focused 100% on his next fight and getting a title shot. During his interview with MMA Fighting he also said:

"It came out afterwards that he said he slapped him to try and get him to open up, and I do believe that he was looking for an opening, but at the same time he was having a little fun, too," said Jones. "There's ways of looking for an opening besides playing pattycake on a guy's back."



Written by; Rudy Mogavero of Fight Night MMA

No comments:

Post a Comment